Summer Camping Time Again
It is that time of year again. Parents are beginning to get everything lined up to send their kids off to that summer camping site. There are lots of things to get ready for this outing but the most important item is the required Health Form that camp administrators must have for each camper. Don’t get caught at the last minute trying to find a medical facility to complete this form and exam. What are some of the things that you will need to provide or answer when seeing your health care provider?
1. Basic Contact Information and all emergency contact information in case of emergencies or problems that may arise at camp.
2. Insurance information is a must. Insurance carrier and policy numbers and group numbers. Policy holder’s name and relationship to the camper.
3. Medications: Self administered or Health Services staff. All the directions for what it is used for and how to be administered. EpiPens? Asthma or Allergy medications.
Hay fever, Poison Ivy or oak, insect stings, food allergies, Penicillin or other drugs, other things?
5. Immunization records or lists with dates administered.
6. Health History:
Recent or chronic illnesses
Seizure or Convulsions
Diabetes, heart abnormalities, hypertension,bleeding disorders, etc.
7. Any activities to be limited or restricted.
Authorization section to be completed.
We at Crossroads Care will be pleased to help you with preparation for your child’s safe participation in summer camp.